Saving Money on Care
Health care can get expensive. But with a little planning, you can take some steps that may help you keep costs down.
- Consider getting preventive care. Many covered preventive care services – including routine annual physical exams, certain immunizations and health screening tests (all subject to age and gender guidelines) - are covered at 100% when you see a network doctor. Click here to see what types of preventive care may be right for you.
- Stay in the network. Your health plan will cover eligible medical costs for services received by a Tier 1 physician, or a network doctor in areas where Tier 1 is not available. Out-of-network services will not be covered. Get help finding one near you on myuhc.com® or on the UnitedHealthcare® app.
- Consider Using Tier 1 physicians. Tier 1 providers are doctors, hospitals and other health care providers who may offer you the greatest value for your health care benefits, if you live in an area where they are available. Find one near you by looking for the blue dot on myuhc.com® or on the UnitedHealthcare app.
- Compare estimated costs. Use the cost estimator tool on myuhc.com® to compare estimated costs before you get care, so you know what you may expect. You can search by provider and procedure.
- Know where to go. In a true emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. For everything else, you may save time and money by using other options such as MDLIVE and in-store clinics at Walgreens that can be convenient and offer a low $5* copay. Some urgent care centers offer after hours care at more affordable costs. And remember, non-emergency ER visits are not covered. Visit myuhc.com® for tools to help you explore your care options. Still not sure? Call UnitedHealthcare Care Connect at 1-844-857-5007.
- Manage your prescriptions and use tools designed to help you keep things simple. Research your options for managing prescriptions by comparing estimated prescription costs and pharmacies, understanding home delivery options, and even signing up for refill reminders. You can do all of this and more by visiting the “Manage My Prescriptions” section of myuhc.com® or the UnitedHealthcare® app.
*Team members enrolled in a Walgreens HDHP HSA plan must pay 100% of the visit cost until the annual family deductible is met. Once the deductible is met, the $5 copay will apply